Table of contents
Abbreviations and Textual Notes
Introduction: The Universe as a Library of Translated Worlds
1. Myths of Margins and Pseudo-Truths: What Is a Translation?
2. Many Possible Worlds of Originals and Translations
3. The Pitfalls of Authenticity: Collaborative Authors and Self-Translators
4. Orlando in Argentina: Who is Reading My Translation?
5. The Double Standard of Fidelity: The Malaise of A Room of One’s Own
6. Expressionist Transformations and the Laws of Perfection: Borges Translates Kafka
7. Putting the (Textual) World in Order
Conclusion: Translation Means Change